Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I'm still here ...

I know have had a lack of posts, and reviews here on the blog. Between being passed up for game reviews, and finding myself turned off by the state of the gaming industry I've found it hard to feel as enthusiastic or as passionate as I once was. The email conversation between me, and a certain PR really changed my perspective on things. I realized that a majority of PR were in the business for all the wrong reasons. Those reasons relating the push for false advertisements via clickbait articles, and misplaced hype via Hollywood style presentations through bought out journalists/streamers. I don't want to be a part of an industry that overlooks the need for quality, and instead seeks only view numbers or cash payout without thinking of the consequences. Most of them gamble it all on the false hopes that such things provide. In banking it all on pre-orders, and misplaced hype they wrong the consumer, and ruin the industry itself. I realize that not all PR are like that, but I remain steadfast in saying that a majority of them are. That of course leaves me at a crossroads. I'm forced to reflect on my goals, and reconsider what it is I sought to do. I loved reviewing the games for you, and sharing the brighter side of the industry when there was such a thing to share, but if all that remains is cons and con artists I don't want to be a part of it. I hate hating on games, and the industry for it's repeat mistakes. If that's all I have left to do it might be time to switch focus. As of now I'm thinking it through, and carefully considering my next step.

If you liked what I did here, and want me to continue doing what I do even if that is b*tching and moaning about the wrongs of the industry let me know, but be honest. I know full well that people get tired of hearing the same rants and raves about issues that never get resolved. Even I grow tired of repeating myself.  I think I'll leave it at that for now. Please, feel free to connect with me on Twitter (@OtakuDante) where I'm still a very active member of the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A wise man leaves wise words in his wake, but a foolish man leaves foolish words. Please be wise with what you say in the comments below, and bless this blog with comments worth keeping. If you should choose the foolish path though know that it will only serve to let the world know how foolish you really are.