Monday, July 6, 2015

Hobby Pick-Ups (July 5, 2015)

As a hobbyist I've got a long list of things I like to collect. These include various entertainment related items (DVDs, Video Games ...), comic books, and toys. While out shopping this past Sunday I decided to use some of my extra monthly funds to treat myself to some of said collectibles. Seeing as my monthly budget is limited I had to choose wisely, so I spent a good hour browsing all the toys, and DVDs that Targets had to offer. When it comes to DVDs Targets usually has a nice selection with some discounted options made available. They've even started carrying steel book collector's DVDs/Blu-rays for those hardcore collectors out there. As far as my DVD browsing goes I tend to look for unique horror releases, and anything anime related. Luckily while browsing the newly released Studio Ghibli Blu-ray collection I happened upon the coveted "Spirited Away". This is the first time it was released in a DVD plus Blu-ray combo pack, and for $24.99 it was a heck of a deal!



Aside from "Spirited Away" I also found two deeply discounted Bandai Batman action figure model kits. I had never seen these kits before, and for $5.14 each I couldn't pass them up. I got the "Dark Knight Rises" Batman figure, and the Joker. Honestly they do look a bit cheap in build, but seeing as they are Japanese model kits in a US store I could not pass them up. As a collector I'll probably keep them unopened in their sealed state as they seem to be a more rare toy.


As far as "Spirited Away" goes I highly suggest buying it before it becomes scarce. Studio Ghibli DVDs tend to have a bad habit of fading from availability after a short while. Seeing as Disney picked them up, and published/released them they are also more than likely limited/timed releases. If you have not seen "Spirited Away" it's a must see, and must own film. It is by far one of Studio Ghibli's finest anime masterpieces, and is even an Academy Award winner. Do not miss out!!!


I hope you enjoyed this latest look at my hobby pick-ups, and that it gives you an idea of what's available as well inspires you to spend some money on your favorite hobbies. Until next time I shall type at you later! Keep it awesome my friends!

2 comments:

  1. those figure kits are lovely. i would jump at them as well. cool deals

    at first i didn't recognize it was ジブリ. never knew it was spelled that way. the only ghibli offering i have ever watched is castle in the sky. it was a true masterpiece. any boy would have a hankering for that kind of adventure. and i think it's somewhat similar to rodea the skysoldier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to see a Targets store selling the kits. They usually don't carry such obscure toys. It was definitely a good deal though.

    Castle in the Sky is another of my favorite Studio Ghibli films. I also like 'Princess Mononoke', and 'The Tale of the Princess Kagura'. If you haven't seen "Spirited Away" you definitely need to. It's worth watching at least once.

    ReplyDelete

A wise man leaves wise words in his wake, but a foolish man leaves foolish words. Please be wise with what you say in the comments below, and bless this blog with comments worth keeping. If you should choose the foolish path though know that it will only serve to let the world know how foolish you really are.