Sunday, August 18, 2024

The New Fortnite Crew Pass Scam

Recently it came to my attention that the crew pass I thought carried over into the new season with it's perks and rewards has been implemented in a deceiving manner. Normally a crew pass would be released later in the season as to allow for a free battle pass next season plus a crew skin bundle and 1,000 V-Bucks. Turns out this last season the crew pass was released early to a point that it expired before the next season started. Leaving players like myself without the new battle pass.

I feel the timing of the sale of the crew pass, and the timing of the release of the new season were planned purposefully to rob paying players of the usual full benefits. It definitely seems to be the case as the new season launched just three days after the pass was set to expire. I had no idea this was a thing until I realized I did not get the new battle pass, and checked my receipts as per request of Epic's support. 

This needs to be made so it never happens again. Epic needs to not only release the crew pass with the full set of perks, but also set a proper new season launch date to coincide with it's release. Otherwise it's not worth the premium adoption fee considering the bonus battle pass has been a staple of the crew package since it's inception. This is actually the first time this has happened to me, and from the looks of other reddit posts related to the same matter it appears I'm not the only one. If Epic really wanted to make things right they'd give me and those affected our battle pass. Sadly, I doubt that they will.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to what you have to say. Keep it clean, and keep it real. I will reply as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by!!!