Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Fortnite WRECKED | Season Thoughts

For whatever reason Epic Games and their development team cycle between hits and misses when it comes to seasonal themes and battle pass offerings. Often times seasons fail to live up to their full potential for one reason or another. This season is no exception. In fact my dedicated gaming Bros have come to the common consensus that the season was a missed opportunity. That the mixture of Mad Max, MARVEL, Metallica, and Fallout features never truly let the season shine as a cohesive experience. Epic tried to bundle in too many things while never fully catering to any of them.

My friends, and I have often spoken in chat about how they missed the opportunity to go all out with the Fallout theme and skins. We feel the season would have been much better had it been a proper Fallout collaboration. Sadly, most of what we got had nothing to do with Fallout. At least outside of the Nuka cola, the Power Armor, and that Tri-Beam Laser gun. That, and some mediocre emotes, and bling that didn't really showcase the best of Fallout. Where is the Pipboy Mascot skin? Where's the Nuka Cola mascot back bling? How about that cosmonaut Nuka Cola Pin-up girl? There's so much that could have been done to make this side of the seasonal equation better.

Not only did they drop the ball on themed skin offerings, but their original designs weren't exactly theme fitting. Some definitely felt like Pride inserts for the sake of appeasing a certain crowd. I know I rock those skins regularly on stream, but theme-wise I think some more rough & tumble apocalyptic themed skins would have been better. The fact that Metallica skins, and the Weapon X skin were locked behind the item shop paywall only served to make that wanting all the more warranted.

For me, personally, I've not committed to the seasonal grind like i usually do, and nor have my squad mates. We don't see any reason to grind past a certain point given the lack of mechanics balancing, and what is offered through the battle pass. I know it's throwing money down the crapper to not commit, but sometimes you just cannot be bothered when there are more worthwhile games out there deserving of attention.

My hope is that next season we don't run into the compounded balancing issues we had this season, and that the theme is worth the time and money to entertain. I have yet to put down money for that next season, and will wait patiently before tossing my hard earned cash Epic's way. Fingers crossed they do something amazing ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to what you have to say. Keep it clean, and keep it real. I will reply as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by!!!